The Electrophysical Forum aims to provide an interactive platform for questions, comments, discussion and opinion related to the use of Electro Physical modalities in therapy. It is supported by an Internationally renowned expert panel and a broad sphere of clinicians, researchers, educators and students. Active participation is welcomed.

Ask a question and get it answered by your peers and respected experts

Answer a question and be recognised, raising your international profile

Create a link to us from your website, blog or social media platform.

Ultrasound treatment effective for Trigger finger??

Hello ,

I have a patient with chronic Trigger finger , not resolved by conservative means of splinting /exercises. Patient is not keen on injection therapy or surgical opinion. Is there any evidence of US treatment in managing trigger finger??

Fal

7 months ago

Back to General Electrotherapy

Post a reply

Prof Tim Watson
Prof Tim Watson

Fal. Interesting that this is an anecdotally supported intervention yet there is very little in the published literature to either support or refute its use. I have worked with many hand therapists over the years and run numeous courses on the use of ultrasound in hand therapy. Many practitioners use this treatment and report (anecdotal) good results. I was sure that I had at least a couple of papers in my database on the topic, but can not locate them - so either they are not there, and I remembered incorrectly or my searching skills are failing. Maybe others can assist. At this time, I can confirm anecdotal support but no significant publications to back that up. Tim

1-2 of 2

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: