The Electrophysical Forum aims to provide an interactive platform for questions, comments, discussion and opinion related to the use of Electro Physical modalities in therapy. It is supported by an Internationally renowned expert panel and a broad sphere of clinicians, researchers, educators and students. Active participation is welcomed.

Ask a question and get it answered by your peers and respected experts

Answer a question and be recognised, raising your international profile

Create a link to us from your website, blog or social media platform.

Pregnant operator using electromagnetic shockwave machine on erectile dysfunction patients

Some concerns I have with the focused electromagnetic shockwave emitter i am operating now.

1. The sound that is being produced. I can wear a headphone to protect myself but my baby is not protected. I checked the OM it's stated about 70decibel for operators. I read online it's ok as long as below 115 some say 80.
  2. Electromagnetic wave being emitted. If it harmful for the fetus?
  3. Shockwave itself should not be an issue since I'm not receiving.

Thanks all in advance. I been searching online for answers but seems like shockwave is not a deeply studied/investigated topic :(

Emily

1 month ago

Back to General Electrotherapy

Post a reply

angwanzhi444
angwanzhi444

Cliff Eaton said:

Hi Emily Low frequency waves from RPW machines are transmitted into your hand. Perhaps you should avoid resting th handpiece against your tummy when operating Different manufacturers RPW can produce differing noise levels depending on the size, material and quality of their transmitters. If in doubt check with your manufacturer. If at all concerned then don't use it and then you will definitely be safe Cliff

Hi cliff

Thanks for your reply. But the machine I'm operating is a focused shockwave. Not radial. It is alot louder than the radial ones. I did enquire with manufacturer but they no not have an answer to if it is safe for pregnant operators. That's why I'm seeking advises here... the sound to operators is stated at around 70ish dB. I wear the headphones but the fetus is not protected. Can't seems to find any other answer online.

Regards Emily

Cliff Eaton
Cliff Eaton

Hi Emily Low frequency waves from RPW machines are transmitted into your hand. Perhaps you should avoid resting th handpiece against your tummy when operating Different manufacturers RPW can produce differing noise levels depending on the size, material and quality of their transmitters. If in doubt check with your manufacturer. If at all concerned then don't use it and then you will definitely be safe Cliff

angwanzhi444
angwanzhi444

Hi Prof Tim

I did look thru the forum but those were focused on shockwave effect which I know as an operator it is ok. But I can't find any information on the noise produced during focused shockwave production which is much higher than radial source. And for electromagnetic effect of eswt on fetus. Hope to get your advise. Thanks once again

Regards Emily

Prof Tim Watson
Prof Tim Watson

Emily

Thanks for your query. This has come around on this forum a couple of times fairly recently. Try putting 'shockwave pregnancy' into the search box and you will be able to see the previous threads. Let us know if your queries are still unanswered

Regards

Tim

1-5 of 5

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: