The Electrophysical Forum aims to provide an interactive platform for questions, comments, discussion and opinion related to the use of Electro Physical modalities in therapy. It is supported by an Internationally renowned expert panel and a broad sphere of clinicians, researchers, educators and students. Active participation is welcomed.

Ask a question and get it answered by your peers and respected experts

Answer a question and be recognised, raising your international profile

Create a link to us from your website, blog or social media platform.

My mother is suffering from pain in her legs

My mother is suffering from pain in her legs. Her joints hurt. We tried a warming ointment, but the pain doesn't go away. What else can you advise us?

AleksShamles

6 months ago

Back to General Electrotherapy

Post a reply

Cliff Eaton
Cliff Eaton

Dear Aleks Diagnosis is key to finding a solution to you mother's leg pain. It may be due to aging joints, it may be referred from her back, a systemic condition or plenty of other causes I cannot advocate the use of ointments or gels as most barely penetrate more than the dermis. Some may get into the blood stream but this is then transported around the whole body My advice get a diagnosis. If the pain is due to Osteoarthritis (wear and tear) seek advice from a Chartered Physiotherapist. Electrophysical Agents like Ultrasound, Laser , Shockwave have all been shown to provide relief from OA pain. My recommendation would be use of High Power Laser. This has not only been shown to help with pain but also increase the thickness of the lining in the knee joint Hope that helps Cliff

gods4036913
gods4036913

I remember that once I also tried a warming ointment for joint pain, but it did not help me. Then my doctor friend advised me to try cbd oil from the site https://blessedcbd.co.uk . After that, my pain was gone.

Last updated 6 months ago

1-3 of 3

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: