The Electrophysical Forum aims to provide an interactive platform for questions, comments, discussion and opinion related to the use of Electro Physical modalities in therapy. It is supported by an Internationally renowned expert panel and a broad sphere of clinicians, researchers, educators and students. Active participation is welcomed.

Ask a question and get it answered by your peers and respected experts

Answer a question and be recognised, raising your international profile

Create a link to us from your website, blog or social media platform.

Is the SW5S-ED Shockwave machine pneumatic?

Is it necessary to use castor oil or a conductive gel in order to get the best shock waves? Can anyone explain what those plastic caps are at cover the heads tips on the Shockwave machine handles?

Roger Svensson

2 weeks ago

Back to General Electrotherapy

Post a reply

rogersvensson2005592
rogersvensson2005592

Thank you for your responses.

rogersvensson2005592
rogersvensson2005592

Thank you for your responses.

Cliff Eaton
Cliff Eaton

Hi Roger A word of caution: while manufacturers may claim that Radial Presssure Wave (RPW) machines can help in the management of ED due to vascular disorders, this is not necessarily supported by the literature If you look at the systemic reviews and meta-analysis studies ( Clavijo et al;. (2017) J Sexual Med; Man and Li (2017); vLu et al (2016)), these studies all point to the benefit of Low Intensity ESWT using focused or Planar ESWT machines. The Energy Flux densities are low ranging from 0.09 to 0,.25mj/mm2 There was one widely publicised piece of marketing material presented by a RPW manufacturer. This quoted a 'study' the manufacturer had done with a local university which 'showed' the efficacy of using their machine for ED. This 'study' was never published and is obviously open to bias My advice if you are considering offering ESWT for ED would be to work closely with a Urologist to provide a diagnosis. If then ESWT is warranted use a low intensity focused shockwave machine having completed a recognised training course I hope this information is helpful Cliff

Niki Giada
Niki Giada

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32965747239.html

Seems to be radial...so pneumatic, cheaper technology.

I can't find and official page...strange.

1-5 of 5

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: